Saturday, May 3, 2008

Contact Photography Festival

We're not in the festival this year, but I took some time out on this rainy Saturday afternoon to go and check out some of the work exhibited (actually I got invited out by a good friend, because I'm a procrastinator about seeing exhibits!).

So after a full afternoon of gallery hopping, here are my favourites so far & in no particular order:
  • David Burdeny: Greenland/Antarctica - Galerie Lausberg, 880 Queen St West
  • Recurrent Memories, Historic Jewish sites in Canada & Poland - Gallery 345 (a MUST see, it gave me goosebumps), 345 Sorauren Ave.
  • From the Epic to the Everyday (Particularly the works by Alessandra Sangwinetti, Adi Nes & Bert Teunissen...I somehow managed to MISS the Nan Goldin works) - MOCCA, 952 Queen St West

I saw several others, but they didn't grab me the way these ones did. Do yourself a favour and head out. The festival takes part throughout the month of May in Toronto.

R

No comments: